Disclaimer for medical advice.
(1) No Advice:
This website contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.
(2) No Warranties:
The medical information on this website is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the medical information on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not warrant that:
(a) the medical information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
(b) the medical information on this website is complete, true, accurate, up-to-date, or non-misleading.
(3) Professional Assistance:
You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
(4) Limiting Our Liability:
Nothing in this medical disclaimer will:
(a) limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
(5) This Disclaimer:
Who we are
Our website address is: http://egplearning.co.uk. This policy includes information shared on all eGPlearning social media networks in line with that social media network policy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your name and email address to maintain contact via our newsletter managed by an email manager like Mailchimp
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We collect data such as your name and email address. This information is not used for marketing and removed on an annual basis.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
This site uses Google Analytics which may track your use of the site.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, affiliate links etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We use email managers like Mailchimp to manage your contact information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- I am disclosing that I’ve included certain products and links to those products on this site that I will earn an affiliate commission for any purchases you make.
- My goal with egplearning.co.uk is to help you with your technology-enhanced primary care and learning, but please understand I am doing this as a for-profit business, much of which, goes to the running and maintenance costs of this website.
- Given this, you should assume that any links leading you to products or services are affiliate links that I will receive compensation from them, just to be safe. Having said that, there are literally millions upon millions of good products and services available on the web that are for sale and use affiliate links.
- I only promote those products or services that I have investigated and truly feel would be of value.
- Please note that I have not been given any free products, services or anything else by these companies in exchange for mentioning them on the site (unless mentioned in that post). The only consideration is in the form of affiliate commissions.
- The products reviewed on egplearning.co.uk have been purchased by myself unless otherwise stated.
- It will always be clear if a product has been given to me for free in exchange for a review to be published on this blog or any other website. The opinions given are always honest and my own.
- A free product will not guarantee a positive review. A positive review is only given if I think the product/service deserves it.
- I will only review products suitable for this blog. If you have a product or service that you would like me to review, please get in touch via email: [email protected]
- A eGPlearning is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
- I choose to have affiliate links with Amazon because it is my favourite shop and I use them all the time for all kinds of products, especially health tech items, gadgets, equipment, and personal items.
- If you have any questions regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact me by using the contact page or on twitter @egplearning.
You can contact us either on twitter : @egplearning or via email : [email protected]