How to do GP appraisal – a guide with Dr Zoe Norris.
Do you understand GP appraisal? In this episode, I am joined by Dr Zoe Norris who explains what you must, should and can do to complete your appraisal and revalidation including some useful resources.
Thank you to the Derbyshire GP Task Force for sponsoring this video.
Hear Dr Zoe Norris talk about appraisal.
- What is GP appraisal?
- How is GP appraisal different from revalidation?
- What is a quality improvement activity (see RCGP guidance- https://www.rcgp.org.uk/training-exams/practice/revalidation/guide-to-supporting-information-for-appraisal-and-revalidation.aspx)
- What is mandatory, what you should do and what you can do?
- The difference between a log entry and a reflective entry
- What is PDP and how to make it SMART: Top tip – have non-clinical PDP items.
- What to do if you have not completed your PDP – do you have to?
- What DrGandalf’s appraisal toolkit looks like?
Then we look at a presentation for resources to help you manage your GP appraisal. Access it here:
DrGandalfs tracking tip is to use Wakelet.
Improve your typing speed with Keybr
Track your complaints, certificates and compliments using Camscanner.
Walkthrough video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vkqWvRY-1E
Using Evernote as a notepad
For definitive information see the RCGP Mythbusters site:
Link to a certificate of engagement
Subscribe to or follow the eGPlearning platform for more videos, app reviews and content to support technology-enhanced primary care and learning.
? Subscribe ?
? Twitter – eGPlearning
? Twitter – @drgandalf52
? Support ?
Some links may contain affiliate links to help support eGPlearning see our disclaimer