I wanted to signpost you all to a great resource for patient time management support.
10 insider tips I bet you don’t know about your GP is by Jon Griffiths (@DrJonGriffiths), a previously reblogged GP. The article is comprehensive covering why GPs run late and useful to share with patients and wider spheres.
In list order they are:
- Your Doctor would like to give you more time
- Your Doctor does not like lists
- If you arrive 10 minutes late, you have missed your appointment.
- Your Doctor is not telepathic
- Your Doctor is a specialist
- Your Doctor is self-employed
- Your Doctor wants the best for you
- Your Doctor is not taking part in a medical drama.
- Your Doctor might play golf, but probably not in their lunch break!
- Your Doctor has entrusted their reception staff with an important job
The article covers each point with clear explanations.
In addition, there are links to videos that may also help (click on each heading)
Have a more detailed look at the article and full video below: