Welcome to the eGPlearning Podblast episode 3.
Firstly: belated Merry Christmas from Andy and Gandhi
eGPlearning Podblast is a health tech talk by two Nottingham based GPs covering recent topics, useful clinical apps, and interviews with primary care health tech innovators.
This episode begins with a review of our previous episode and then we cover the mindfulness app Headspace (4.12), NHS hackathons (14.20), and NHS Quicker app (21.30). We also talk more about the concept of using digital triage and AI in a primary care setting (17.30).
The podcast format is free and easy listening with further support our show notes as below.
We hope you find this useful, spread the word and engage with us. Please comment below.
For apple users go to our itunes page
For Stitcher users click here
Introductions and declaration of interests
Dr Andrew Foster:
- GP Partner Nottingham
- Director NCGPA – Nottingham GP Federation
- Creator of SignpostingHealth
- RCGP Vale of Trent Faculty Honorary Secretary
- Blog – www.avoidingpuddles.com
- Twitter – @DrAWFoster
Dr Hussain Gandhi:
- GP Partner and trainer in Nottingham
- Former Chair RCGP Vale of Trent Faculty
- Treasurer GP Survival
- Owner SystmOne Facebook User Group
- Owner www.eGPLearning.co.uk
- Twitter – @DrGandalf52
Indirect feedback from Dr Mike Farquhar (@DrMikeFarquhar) on Sleepio and an alternate resource: a book by Colin Espie : Overcoming Insomnia and Sleep problems: A self help Guide using Cognitive behavioral Therapy.
- An audio guided mindfulness and CBT app for iOS and Android.
- Webstie: www.headspace.com
- Links to supporting evidence: https://www.headspace.com/science
- Founder Andy Puddicombe’s TED talk: https://youtu.be/qzR62JJCMBQ
Until end of Jan sign up for a 40% discount.
Slashing queues, helping new mothers: NHS explores apps for care in a digital age:
The Guardian article covered hackathons and how the developments could be used to help patients via the NHSIdeasLab event supported by NHSE and Tony Young - National Clinical Lead for Innovation at NHSE
- NHSIdeasLab event supported by NHSE and Tony Young – National Clinical Lead for Innovation at NHSE: https://www.england.nhs.uk/2014/10/tony-young/
- NHS Ideas lab website: https://www.nhsideaslab.com/#whatwhowhy
NHS quicker app
- An app for iOS and Android giving live waiting times for A&Es and Minor Illness Units in Devon and Cornwall.
- App links:
- South Derbyshire CCG services wait times.
- Disney park app : https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/plan/my-disney-experience/mobile-apps/